Building and Facility Maintenance Technician
This is a Full-Time position – Benefit Eligible
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt Open August 21, 2020
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a variety of maintenance skills, such as carpentry, electrical, and plumbing or related fields required.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, electrical, and plumbing repairs. Ability to analyze and correct the majority of facility and equipment malfunctions. Knowledge of general maintenance tasks. Knowledge of building maintenance techniques and repairs.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in maintenance and repair duties.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to perform heavy manual labor tasks under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to clients and co-workers.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and reliable transportation. Additionally, Applicants must meet the Department of Children and Families and Escambia CountySchool District’s requirements for employment, not limited to Level II background screening and pre-employment drug screening.
- Employee must be able to lift 100 lbs. (may use assistance)
- Ability to use word processing software, database management system, e-mail, and internet.
If interested in applying, please complete the attached employment application and return to Human Resources by the closing date. For more information, contact David Powell, HR Director, 850-438-4021 or email email@example.com.
Community Action Program Committee is an EOE and participates in E-Verify.