SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Housing and Safety, the Transportation Supervisor is responsible for all areas of personnel management of the Program Support staff and maintaining communications with the Nutrition Specialist and the appropriate Center Directors.
Agency: Community Action Program Committee, Inc. (CAPC)/Head Start
Working Title: Transportation Supervisor (1 Position)
Department: Transportation FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt Grade: 4
Salary: $17.57 40 hours per week/52 weeks per year (Full time- Benefits Eligible)
Posting Opening Date: February 27, 2023 Posting Closing Date: When position is filled.
Our Organization Our Mission and Vision:
Mission Statement: The mission of the Community Action Program Committee, Inc.is to help low-income families achieve self-sufficiency by creating solutions to poverty in collaboration with community stakeholders.
Our Vision: Enable all citizens of Northwest Florida to achieve self-sufficiency, to eradicate poverty and to make Northwest Florida a better place to live.
Your Contribution to Our Success:
This is a highly responsible position within Community Action Program Committee, Inc. Reporting to the Director of Housing and Safety, the Transportation Supervisor is responsible for all areas of personnel management of the Program Support staff and maintaining communications with the Nutrition Specialist and the appropriate Center Directors.
- Provides oversight of the Agency’s transportation and fleet maintenance program, ensuring that Head Start Performance Standards and federal and state guidelines for the vehicle safety, and the safe transportation of children and staff are met. Coordinating transportation services, record keeping, and coordinating fleet maintenance are among the major responsibilities of this position.
- Conducts and reports monthly announced and unannounced monitoring of bus loading and unloading procedures, seat restraint procedures, and child safety procedures. Also, monitoring and reporting of driver documents (trip tickets, emergency contacts list, gas purchases, DOT inspections and tags, insurance cards, and DOT physicals) are responsibilities of this position.
- Facilitates and documents training attended by drivers and center staff on transportation, child restraints, child safety, and bus loading and unloading procedures. This position will be responsible for all classroom cleaning supplies and tracking of that inventory.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Housing and Safety Director. This position will be housed in the Cantonment location.
How You Will Grow:
Two of the components of the CAPC Vision are EXCELLENCE and ACTION. Excellence in that we ensure that no community and no family is left out or left behind. Action in that we open and close each day with the end in mind, lifting up the lives of vulnerable children and families. Our North Star is that our CAPC team members are “empowered to figure out what’s theirs, that they are free to apply their skills, use their knowledge, exercise who they are, and pursue what they care about, having their heart open to everyone that is possible in this space of social change and upward mobility that we occupy.”
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate degree in office management / business is preferred. CDL Class B with school bus and air brake endorsement.
- Two (2) years of office work with computer related responsibilities is highly desirable. Supervisory skills and Fleet Management experience is preferred.
- Applicants must have a current Florida Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and must meet all Department of Children and Families (DCF) and Office of Head Start (OHS) requirements for employment.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications.
- Physical Demands: Applicants must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
If interested in applying, please complete the attached employment application and return to our Talent Acquisition Team by the closing date. Our Talent Acquistion Team are the following: Deborah Nagle. HR Director and Linda F. Allen HR Generalist. For more information, contact our Talent Acquisition Team at 850-438-4021, (email@example.com)/(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Community Action Program Committee Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Our agency participates in the E-Verity System which is a federal government electronic database available for employers to use to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired in the United States.