Human Resource Director – Business Partner Job Announcement (Full-Time position)
Benefits Eligible FLSA Classification: Exempt
Open: September 8, 2021 Closed: September 23, 2021
Summary: Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Human Resource Director guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the Community Action Program. The Director is responsible for aligning business objectives with the employees and management. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The Director acts as an employee champion, change agent and proactive problem solver. The Director maintains a strong understanding of the Agency’s mission and vision. Additional duties include, but not limited to:
• Planning and process improvement initiatives
• Responsible for outcomes related to organization development
• Compliance with regulatory standards
• Provides strategic consultation to leadership on a broad spectrum of HR issues and opportunities
• Creates, drives, and implements people strategies that align and supports the Agency’s needs
• Analyzes data trends to develop solutions, programs, and policies to support strategic objectives
• Conducts monthly meetings with Center Directors and other leadership team members. Follows through on deliverables and effectively report out important trends or findings
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations
• Provides performance management guidance to leadership (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
• Works closely with leadership and employees to improve engagement and increase retention
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
• Provides guidance on delegate structure, workforce planning, and succession planning
• Identifies training needs and partners with the leadership and the professional development team to deliver effective professional development with special emphasis on new employee onboarding and manager training. Follows through to ensure training objectives are met
• Leads the local HR department to provide HR administration and operational services efficiently and effectively
• Partners with the shared services recruiting team to ensure adequate staffing
• Stays abreast of current HR trends and best practices through participation with local or national SHRM
• Creates professional relationships with other state / national CAPC HR professionals
A computer literacy assessment will be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires the employee to be in a seated position. Repetitive movement of
hands and fingers when typing and/or writing. Ability to talk and hear.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
If interested in applying, please complete the attached employment application and return to Human Resources. For
more information, contact David Powell, HR Director, 850-438-4021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Action Program Committee, Inc. is an EOE; participates in E-Verify; and Advocates for
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion