This is a Full-Time position – Benefits Eligible – Salary: $23.00 per hour
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt Open: March 1, 2021 Closed: When Filled
Summary: The Housing Specialist is under the direct supervision of the Director of Housing and Safety and is responsible for compliance, activities, and reports as it relates to CAPC housing and weatherization program and initiatives through the Director of Housing and Safety.
Education / Experience / Credentials: An Associate’s Degree in Building or Building Science. Two years of recent work experience in a related field may be accepted in lieu of education requirement. EPA Certified Renovator, Weatherization Training preferred. Two years of experience in construction. Quality Control Inspector (CQI) certification required or obtain certification within 90 days of employment (may be extended due to COVID restrictions).
Other Qualifications / Knowledge and Skills:
- Applicants must meet all Department of Children and Families requirements for employment.
- Knowledge of building science and make-up of Mobile homes and manufactured housing.
- Maintain current knowledge of Florida Building Codes.
- Maintains productive levels and inspections as per State Contracts for all related programs.
- Performs initial inspections and diagnostic testing and performs a Plat/Audit on each dwelling. Ensures that all DEO requirements and other program requirements are met.
- Completes final inspections and audits, including completion of closeout documents, Building Work Reports, and other program document requirements
- Collects folders according to priority for each customer contact.
- Schedules appointments for customers and complete audit and Plat to be reviewed by the Director of Housing and Safety.
- Create bid documents for review by the Director and create bid packages for approved contractors.
- Prepares the pre-work order agreement signed by the customer.
- Oversee all projects which are in operations and resolve any problems.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Applicants must have a valid Florida Driver’s license, reliable transportation, negative TB skin test, drug testing as required, and state required minimum vehicle insurance and uninsured motorist insurance.
- The employee must be able to lift 100 lbs. (may use assistance)
- Ability to use word processing software, database management system, e-mail, and internet.
This position requires the employee to be in a seated position. However, at times they may be required to stand for long periods of time. The employee must be able to lift 100 lbs. (lifting assistance may be used). Frequently climbs ladders, explores attics, and crawl spaces, etc. Repetitive movement of hands and fingers when typing and/or writing. Ability to talk and hear. Background Clearance is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
If interested in applying, please complete the attached employment application and return it to Human Resources. For more information, contact David Powell, HR Director, at 850-438-4021 or email email@example.com.
Community Action Program Committee is an EOE and participates in E-Verify