1 position currently open
Salary: $19.27 per hour / 40 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
FLSA Classification: Exempt – Benefits Eligible
Overview: The Center Manager is responsible for utilizing management, monitoring, and instructional strategies to ensure both compliance and excellence among teaching staff. This position will serve as the operational lead for the center, providing guidance and support to his/her team to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal licensing and standard regulations.
Essential duties of Center Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as an operational lead for the Center and Extended Day by providing ongoing support and direction.
- Ensures all staff and center functions are fully compliant with policies/procedures, including but not limited to effective practices in health and safety and compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, local and state licensing regulations and overall center functioning.
- Works with teachers to implement program curriculum with fidelity and the child assessment system reliably, including understanding child outcomes data and using them to plan and individualize.
- Collaborates with Extended Day Coordinator to ensure compliance with all Extended Day operations.
- Supports the Head Start/Early Head Start community by attending staff meetings, mandated trainings, committee meetings, and other program-wide functions as needed, including some evening activities.
- Ensures that facilities, materials, and equipment are safe, appropriate, and conducive to learning and reflective of the different ages and stage of development of each child, including children with disabilities.
- Manages the full implementation of all aspects of our Acelero Learning methodology and system of recordkeeping, reporting, and ongoing monitoring and data entry.
- Facilitates collaboration and coordination within education team and across service areas and initiatives, including ensuring full parent involvement in the program.
- Leads staff meetings to support successful center operations.
- Develops, reviews, and submits weekly and monthly data and expense reports, which includes ensuring all concerns are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Conduct and/or supervise regular health and safety checks of the center.
- Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
Shares supervision of staff with the Center Director in areas related to Head Start compliance, center staffing and Extended Day implementation, which includes but are not limited to hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, and ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and the completion of all work performed by direct reports.
Education: An associate degree in early childhood education (ECE) or related field is required, with a minimum of 18 credits in ECE or Infant/Toddler Certification. Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience / Credentials: A Director’s Credential is required for this position. At least one year of supervisory experience in Head Start or related field is required. Experience working in a preschool program.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations: Applicants must have a current Florida Driver’s license, reliable transportation, satisfactory criminal records check for abuse and neglect.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Applicants must meet all Department of Children and Families requirements for employment and must have completed the forty-hour (40) childcare class.
The Community Action Program Committee, Inc. is an EOE; participates in E-Verify; and Advocates for Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion