Summary: Experience in a variety of maintenance skills, such as carpentry, electrical, and plumbing or related fields
Building and Facility Maintenance Technician
This is a Full-time position – Benefits Eligible
Salary: Starting $16.32 per hour FLSA Classification: non-exempt
Open: May 6, 2019 When Filled
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of two (2) years of
experience in a variety of maintenance skills, such as carpentry, electrical, and plumbing or
related fields required.
• Basic knowledge of carpentry, electrical, and plumbing repairs. Ability to analyze
and correct the majority of facility and equipment malfunctions. Knowledge of general
maintenance tasks. Knowledge of building maintenance techniques and repairs.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in maintenance and repair
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to
perform heavy manual labor tasks under adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural
backgrounds and socio- economic levels.
• Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and
outside the Agency, including but not limited to clients and co-workers.
• Applicants must have a current Florida Driver’s license, reliable transportation,
satisfactory criminal records check for abuse and neglect, negative TB skin test, drug testing as
required and state required minimum vehicle insurance and uninsured motorist insurance.
• Employee must be able to lift 100 lbs. (may use assistance)
• Ability to use word processing software, database management system, e-mail and internet.
If interested in applying, please complete the attached employment application and
return to Human Resources by the closing date. For more information, contact David Powell, HR
Director, 850-438-4021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Action Program Committee is an EOE and participates in E-Verify.