Please arrive for your appointment on time. If you arrive late, you may be asked to schedule another appointment. Please allow eighteen (18) business hours for processing your application once completed.
Applications are completed in our office or at outreach events only. Please bring the supporting documentation that applies to you and your household to your appointment.
- Valid Florida IDs for every household member 19 years of age or older. Birth certificates or valid voter registration cards for Escambia County may be used in lieu of a valid Florida ID.
- Social Security cards for everyone in the household. Printed immunization records from the health department for minors are acceptable if the complete social security number is shown. If you are missing a social security card for a household member, you must obtain one from the Social Security Administration before service may be rendered.
- Current Electric bill (Heating bill required along with the electric bill October 1 thru March 30). If account is finaled, you must get a letter from the power/gas company showing amount(s) required to restore service as well as the current service address. Please be aware that returned item charges and revenue protection charges must be paid up front prior to completing your application.
- Custody papers for all minors living in the home who are not your biological children.
- Income documentation for all household members who have received income for last three months prior to application date: (1) if wages paid bi-weekly, bring last six check stubs; (2) if wages paid weekly, bring last twelve check stubs; or (3) if wages paid once per month, bring last three check stubs **Note: A letter from your employer on company letterhead or stamped with a company stamp is required if you are missing any check stubs or if you recently began or ended employment.
- Social Security Award Letters, dated for 2017, showing the monthly income. If you do not have the current letter, you may have one faxed/mailed to you by calling 1-800-772-1213 or you may visit ssa.gov.
- Documentation of self-employment income for the last three months prior to date of application. Plasma donors must present a donor report showing income for the last thirty days. If you scrap metal, a report is required from the company verifying your scrap income for the last three months.
- Wage Determination Transcript showing weekly benefit amount for clients receiving unemployment benefits.
- Child Support verification for each child in the household (must provide verification that you do not receive child support benefits if you do not report child support income but have minor children in the home and one biological parent is absent).
- Cash Assistance (TANF): Bring printout of income for past three months (month of application).
- Verification of Food Stamps (Food Stamp Award Letter) **Verification is required for all Food Stamp recipients. If you do not report food stamp assistance but your income is less than $1010.42 monthly, you must provide verification that you do not receive food stamps. Food stamp verification must list case members as well as benefit amount for month of application. This documentation is used to verify household size and, therefore, must be accurate.
- Current Pell Grant Award Letter or financial aid documentation for the current semester.
- Current Lease or Notarized Tenant Verification Form (available at our office and must be completed & notarized by property owner) or Proof of Homeownership (i.e., current mortgage statement, tax document or deed). If someone appears on your home ownership verification who does not live in your household, a notarized statement is required verifying the person’s current living address with a valid telephone number. If the person who appears on verification is deceased, an obituary or death certification will be required. HUD/Area Housing residents must have current HUD lease (Contract Amendment Notice/Notice of Rent Adjustment/HUD form 50059) Please note, documentation of utility reimbursement payments may be required—even if you haven’t received a payment.
- Notarized statement from family member/friend who assists with your expenses (This statement must provide the person’s name and contact information, along with the exact amount the person is providing you each month).
- Notarized Self-Declaration form (available at our office). This form is required for any household member 19 years of age or older who reports no income.