Summary: The Facility and Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring that CAPC buildings and grounds meet all safety and health standards.
Ensuring buildings are secure, complete corrective actions, Keeps Agency offices, buildings, and grounds in good repair and cleanliness. All CAPC employees are responsible for child safety and active supervision of children.
Minimum Duties, Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
This is a Full-time position – Benefits Eligible
Salary: Starting $16.32 per hour
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Open: November 21, 2018
Closed: When Filled
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a variety of maintenance skills, such as carpentry, electrical, and plumbing or related fields required.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, electrical, and plumbing repairs. Ability to analyze and correct the
majority of facility and equipment malfunctions. Knowledge of general maintenance tasks. Knowledge
of building maintenance techniques and repairs.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in maintenance and repair duties.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to perform heavy manual
labor tasks under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency including but not limited to clients and co-workers.
- Applicants must have a current Florida Driver’s license, reliable transportation, satisfactory criminal records check for abuse and neglect, negative TB skin test, drug testing as required and state required minimum vehicle insurance and uninsured motorist insurance.
- Employee must be able to lift 100 lbs. (may use assistance)
- Ability to use word processing software, database management system, e-mail and internet.
If interested in applying, please complete submit an employment application and or print and return to Human
Resources by the closing date. For more information, contact David Powell, HR Director, 850-438-4021 or
Community Action Program Committee is an EOE and participates in E-Verify.